Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Curiosities Trunk Show - This Friday, December 4

Curiosities Trunk Show
When: Friday, December 4, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: Audrey Bar - W Tuscany Hotel, 120 E. 39th St, New York, NY
(btwn Park & Lexington)

I have known Brooklyn-based artist Valerie Feingold for years now, and I've become a huge fan of her handcrafted, nature-inspired jewelry. She's got a wide array of looks, but in particular, I'm obsessed with her elemental cuffs: from a distance they make a bold statement, but up close you can see the delicate work and craftsmanship involved. Her Treeleaf Cuff is one of my staples (and it looks even hotter when I have a tan). This year, I'm hoping to snag the large Art Deco Cuff in brass or gold.

Her trunk shows have been huge successes, so I'm excited to see what's new this season. I've found that Curiosities pieces make perfect holiday gifts: everything is incredibly affordable, and the handmade factor ups the ante.

About Valerie Feingold:

Curiosities Jewelry, run by Valerie Feingold, has been selling individually handcrafted work in NYC at private trunk shows and boutiques, including Tiburon, a fashionable forerunner in Redhook. The intersection point between the natural world and the man-made inspires the collection, made from combinations of brass, gold, silver, precious gemstones, fibers, and feathers. Curiosities Jewelry reflects the modern woman's desire for both elegance and whimsy.

Valerie has also apprenticed under designer Judith Haas.

All images courtesy of Curiosities Jewelry.



No comments:

Post a Comment