Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mario Moya Fall 2010 Collection




I got a chance to help out at the Mario Moya show, and I really loved his collection for the fall. The pieces were ultra-feminine and classic silhouettes with sexy accents. It was all film-noir Hollywood glamour, mixed with the definitive Parisian timelessness: perfect coiffures, rouged lips, winged eyeliner. Seeing the collection, I really felt that Moya was tapping into a romantic narrative without endangering his work by getting too costume-y.

I really enjoyed his Noir Powernet Monroe Dress. Moya works well with sheer accents; he knows how to use them to seduce subtly. The Noir Chiffon Femme Fatale Blouse with the Noir Wool Diamond Skirt was another personal favorite - the exposed back really sold me. It had a really great cut, and it looked stunning on the model. I think both this and the Citron Apocalypse Gown with the Citron Blaze Cape would photograph beautifully, and they would make really interesting editorial pieces.

See the full collection at Mario Moya.

Images by Jenna Gang.





No comments:

Post a Comment