Monday, April 5, 2010

Erin Fetherston's Spring 2010 Dresses


I hate to write a blog post about something as mundane as the weather - it's more appropriate conversation for a bad date or a job interview. But I love this time of the year: New York and her locals tend to be in a state of total rhapsody, shedding both woolen layers and surly attitudes. There's nothing I want to do more than drool other delicate dresses in pastel colors - and a gorgeous tan to keep me from looking ridiculous in them.

Less jabber and more fashion. I've been a fan of Erin Fetherston's concoctions for a while, but it's hard to fantasize about her dresses in the middle of a blizzard. Her Spring 2010 collection is incredibly pretty and wearable; very lady-like sans the prissy factor. Last spring, Fetherston's collection was less structured, and it seemed more fitting for a beach vacation, although there were a lot of tiered cloud-like dresses (I preferred the look on shorter hemlines, but that's partly because I'm of a diminutive stature myself, and I don't fare too well in long dresses).

Anyway, old is old. My favorite look this spring is the Rose Bobinette Top with the Rose Bobinette Capelet and the Miniskirt in Floral Cloque. With such a perfect combo of youthfulness and a classic sensibility, it's no wonder that doe-eyed ingenue types like Zooey Deschanel and Kirsten Dunst have modeled her confections.

Images via Erin Fetherston.




No comments:

Post a Comment