Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Countdown Begins: Rodarte for Target


A couple of months ago, I saw some images of the Rodarte for Target collection via nitro:licious, and while the designs were appealing, the images made it difficult to tell whether or not the pieces would look chic or cheap (you can see what I mean by checking the bottom image consisting of twelve looks - the clothes piqued my interest, but the styling needs reworking).

Now that the collection has been photographed by several magazines, a) it seems absolutely fabulous and b) it's an editorial darling. In Vogue's December 2009 issue, the two looks featured are perfect Holiday ensembles. In particular, I've been salivating over the black lace dress, although the I'm quite partial to the mustard hue in the second look. I hope to snag several of the cardigans and the skeleton dress as well. I like the range, too - delicate dresses, rocker-inspired skeleton and leopard dresses, versatile cardigans, and casual vests and tops. There's plenty to work with!

Kate and Laura Mulleavy (the designing sisters behind Rodarte) are fast becoming my heroines. More exciting news: according to another nitro:licious report, Eugenia Kim and Cynthia Vincent will each be launching a limited-edition collection at Target - details to come.

The collection drops on December 20th, 2009, and will be available till February 6, 2010. And, thankfully, you can avoid the sartorial maelstrom by shopping online!

Top image via You Betta Work, Bottom images via nitro:licious and Rackk and Ruin.

No comments:

Post a Comment